Selling Real Estate in Malta
Oyster Real Estate is an exclusive agency as we select and handpick each and every property in Malta on our books. This means that when a prospective buyer is scrolling through our website, they are not sifting through hundreds of average properties, but only the most unique and fine homes available on the market. With your home being among these properties, it will be a priority for us to sell. Our goal is to have your property stand out and not lost get lost among many others, remaining ‘stuck’ on the market.
Our goal is to take the stress out of one of the most stressful periods in a person’s life and we can thus guide you through the entire process of selling your home.
A Simple, Step-By-Step Guide
- Choose your agent. The first step is to find a company that follows an ethic and approach best suited to you. You must then decide whether or not you would like to list and sell your property exclusively sell with them. You will want to take the advantages and disadvantages of doing so in consideration.
- Appearance Matters First impressions are very important when it comes to property. When a prospective buyer walks through the front door of that property, they should be able to imagine themselves living there. Always present a clean and neutral environment, removing personal clutter, showing your home in its best possible light. Flowers and freshly-brewed coffee are an age-old touch to add to the effect. Fix any odd jobs that need doing.
- Viewings A member of the Oyster Real Estate team will accompany each client through the property using experience, techniques and professionalism to ensure your home is viewed correctly and appropriately from a selling point of view.
- Offers Any offers that we receive about your property will immediately be put forward to you and it is then your decision which offers to accept and decline. We are able to guide you through this process to help you make the best possible choice.
- Progression The Promise of Sale Agreement is arranged with your own notary. This can, at times, prove to be a tricky stage with sales falling through during this part of the process. It is therefore important to engage an agency that has the necessary expertise to successfully negotiate with both parties.
- Completion The Signing of Deeds subsequently takes place where the buyer pays a 10% deposit to be legally bound to buy your property. A completion date will then be set for the whole process to be finalised.
Listing your property in Malta exclusively with Oyster Real Estate means that you are providing your trusted agent with an exclusive right to sell the property. This means that the agency will take care of all the property marketing on your behalf. This could include bespoke print and online campaigns among others and will be dependent on the property type.
It is of utmost importance that you select an agent with good property marketing knowledge and a trusted reputation within the real estate community.