Selecting the Ideal Location
Malta has seen a vast growth in terms of foreign and local businesses starting up in the last 10 years. This due to the taxation laws favouring business development. The island does not specifically have a business hub compared with other countries around the world. Instead Malta generally has pockets of areas that lean towards specific types of businesses depending on the functionality of its location.
The following is a list of areas known to be ideal business hubs due to their central location and reputation. Next to each, you will find what each locality is associated with and known for.
- St. Julian's – iGaming, Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs
- Sliema – Cafes, Retail, iGaming
- Valletta – Law offices, Restaurants, Cafes, Retail
- Ta Xbiex / Gzira – IT Gaming offices, Cafes, Marine Retail
- Birgu – Restaurants, Shipping
- Smart City – IT, Offices